Fri, Apr 01|
Online Application Deadline is May 31st
Call for Artists - Clark County Studio Tours
Artist Studio Tour - Application Deadline May 31st
Time & Location
Apr 01, 2022, 7:00 AM – Jun 01, 2022, 11:00 AM
Online Application Deadline is May 31st
About the Event
The deadline for application is May 31st. Apply Here https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=10152
More Info at https://artstra.org/call-for-artists/
WHO Visual artists and artisans in Clark County, working in all media
WHAT Clark County Open Studios is a juried art event, offering a unique opportunity for you to gain further recognition as an artist, open your studio doors to the public, and show and sell your work. For the community, Open Studios is a free self-guided tour that will enhance awareness of talented local artists while enriching the cultural life of Clark County neighborhoods.
WHEN November 5-6, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Preview exhibit: First Friday, November 4th Art at the CAVE Gallery 108 E. Evergreen Blvd. Vancouver, WA 98660
As a participating Open Studios artist, you can feel confident knowing the highest priority is given to the health and safety of you and your visitors. The tour will follow the latest guidelines necessary to create safe spaces.
HOW TO APPLY
- First, note that YOUR APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE through our CaFE application, so have your information and files available prior to filling out the online application.
- Write a BRIEF artist statement (1,000 characters maximum) describing your inspiration and creative process and have it ready to paste into the online application. CaFE tips on how to write an artist’s statement.
- Fill out and submit the online CaFE application and pay the $25 application fee.
- Prepare FIVE DIGITAL IMAGES OF YOUR ARTWORK created in the last three years, and preferably available. One of these images can be an image of your studio space showing multiple works. This image helps jurors see a perspective of your work and may be used for marketing promotion. CaFE tips on telling a story with your images.
- Digital format: JPEGs up to 5MB with a minimum of 1920 pixels on the longest side.
- CaFE tutorials will walk you through how to prepare your images. They also have great tips for photographing your work. How to photograph your 3D artwork. How to photograph your 2D artwork.
Note: If you have any questions regarding eligibility or participation guidelines, please contact Jennifer Williams before applying.
JURY PROCESS, ACCEPTANCE, AND PARTICIPATION FEE Clark County Open Studios Tour will showcase art in a broad range of media and styles. The event contributes to public awareness of the quality and diversity of artists in our community. Participation in Clark County Open Studios is intended for professional artists who are actively producing and exhibiting their work. Application material will not be judged on personal tastes or preferences.
Michele Hanlon ~ Clark County’s newly appointed Arts Education Commissioner relocated to Vancouver from Texas in 2021. Michele has worked in the arts as a performer, creator, advocate, and arts administrator for over 30 years. Most recently, she served as Associate Dean for the Arts at the University of Texas at Dallas in Richardson, TX.
Tom Anderson ~ Currently residing in Olympia, WA, Tom is a full-time artist whose practice includes painting, metal fabrication, mixed media construction, and printmaking. Represented by galleries in Oregon, Washington, California, and Hawaii, Tom exhibits regularly and his work can be found in over 1600 public and private collections. www.thomasandersonart.com
Nancy Morrow ~ Owner and Director of The Gallery at Ten Oaks in McMinnville, Oregon in the heart of wine country. The gallery/tasting room showcases a variety of mediums and focuses on Pacific Northwest artists. www.tenoaksgallery.com
JUDGING CRITERIA After your non-refundable $25 application fee is received and your application has demonstrated that you meet studio eligibility requirements and art guidelines, the jurors will view and score your submitted images using these criteria: Originality/Creativity Does the artist’s work express a unique style/voice and vision? Craftsmanship/Use of Materials or Media Does the artist’s work show mastery over his/her medium or innovative use of materials/media? Artists who are accepted will be contacted by June 7th and will receive an acceptance letter confirming their participation in the event. Upon acceptance, a PARTICIPATION FEE OF $125 will be required and due June 10th.
Once accepted, you will have access to our artist’s info page with Open Studio Tour essentials to help guide you with studio preparation, marketing plans, and a timeline of events.
While Artstra provides administrative event planning, marketing, and promotional support for participating artists, be aware that your active involvement and volunteer work by participating artists will be essential in making this a successful event.QUESTIONS? For more information contact Jennifer Williams, Clark County Open Studios director.
© Artstra | All Rights Reserved
Questions? Contact Jennifer Williams email@example.com