Tue, May 23|
Call for Art! VAMF Regional Art Exhibit
For the Vancouver Art and Music Festival August 4 - 6, 2023
Time & Location
May 23, 7:00 AM – Jun 30, 11:59 AM
About the Event
Call to Artists Juried Regional Art Exhibit Vancouver, Washington VANCOUVER ARTS AND MUSIC FESTIVAL 2023
DATES AND DEADLINES:
- Application open: May 1, 2023
- Application Fee: $45 for three (3) entries
- Commission taken: 40%
- Art accepted: Any medium, art must not exceed 48x48 inches, including framing.
- Deadline: June 30, 2023
- Digital Art Selection: July 10, 2023
- Notification Date: July 17-21, 2023
- Delivery date: Thursday, August 3, 2023, 9 am-noon
- Judging Date: August 3, 2023, 3–6 pm
- Show Opening: Friday, August 4, 2023, 10 am
- Show Closing: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 5 pm
- Reception: Saturday, August 5, 5 - 7 pm
- Unsold art pick-up date & time: Sunday, August 6, 2023, 5-7 pm
- Location: Vancouver, Washington
- Exhibit Hours: Friday: 10 am-8 pm | Saturday: 10 am-8 pm | Sunday: 10 am-5 pm
- Website: vancouverartsandmusicfestival.com and columbiaartsnetwork.org
CALL TO ARTISTS:
Columbia Arts Network is pleased to be the visual arts community partner for the Vancouver USA Arts & Music Festival from August 4-6! Presented by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and the City of Vancouver, VAMF is a celebration of Vancouver’s vibrant community. Featuring local artists and performers in Esther Short Park, this festival is free to all. Mark your calendar now!
ABOUT THE VANCOUVER ARTS AND MUSIC FESTIVAL
COLUMBIA ARTS NETWORK (CAN) is excited to be a partner in the first annual August 4-6! Presented by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and the City of Vancouver, the festival features stages, pop-up galleries, family activities, and food vendors set up throughout downtown Vancouver and Esther Short Park.
Free and open to all, Vancouver USA Arts and Music Festival (VAMF) is a celebration of Vancouver’s exciting arts community. The festival will draw visitors to Vancouver’s historic downtown and vibrant arts district, growing the city’s creative economy and supporting local businesses.
Located on the north bank of the Columbia River, in sight of snowy mountain peaks and a vibrant urban landscape, Vancouver, Washington, USA is home to a thriving arts community.
Presented by Vancouver Symphony Orchestra USA and the City of Vancouver, in partnership with Columbia Artists Network and Vancouver Culture, Arts and Heritage Commission. Supported through a generous grant from M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust. Vancouver offers many cultural activities and attractions within walking distance of the festival, including a frontier fur trading post within the 1800s Fort Vancouver National Historical Site.
Vancouver’s newly constructed Waterfront gives wonderful views of the mighty Columbia River as well as award-winning shopping, wineries, and local eateries.
Columbia Arts Network (CAN) welcomes and encourages artists of all backgrounds to apply. We believe diversity enriches the art community and educates us all, sharing our cultures, talents, and our personal histories.
Learn more about the festival at vancouverartsandmusicfestival.com.
- Artwork in any medium is acceptable, as long as the artwork fits within a 48 x 60-inch format; including framing.
- Two-dimensional work in any medium is acceptable, as long as the artwork fits within a 48 x 60 inch format; including any framing.
- Photography or hand-manipulated plate prints must be signed and numbered.
- All art must be original and signed by the artist.
- Artwork, whether framed or unframed, needs to be ready to hang with taut wire across the back. (no zigzag hardware)
- No AI-Generated work will be accepted.
- All work must be for sale.
- Artists may not substitute, alter, change the price, nor withdraw a work after it has been accepted.
- The Festival reserves the right to refuse any work it deems unsuitable or misrepresented.
A maximum of 3 works may be submitted per artist. Entries must be received no later than June 30, 2023. The Vancouver Arts and Music Festival Juried Exhibit reserves the right to decline any accepted artwork upon delivery if the condition or quality is other than represented in the electronic entry.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee by members of the Columbia Arts Network. Selection for the exhibit will be based on originality, creativity, the elements and principles of design, and technical skill. Final selections will be judged on Thursday, August 3, 2023
Awards will be given in the categories below:
- Still Life/Floral
Cash Prizes in each category will be awarded as follows: Best in Show – $700
- Best in Show - $400
- First Place - $300
- Second Place - $200
- Third Place - $100